Talking 101: Avoiding Crossovers
Click 'mark activity complete' to let your coach know you've completed this activity.
In this unit you will...
- Hear a brief explanation of the core Power of Two talking skills.
- Learn about one of the most common talking bloopers— Crossovers.
- Explore how Crossovers impact communication.
- Practice identifying Crossovers and changing them to more skilled patterns.
Learn the Talking Basics:
It is critical to be able to share what is on your mind with your spouse. Whether you're talking about simple things, like a funny tv show, or more complicated ones, like your feelings about his or her parents, it's incredibly helpful when you are skillfull in the way you speak.
There are ways to say what you think, feel or want that tend to lead to defensiveness or argument. On the other hand, there are techniques that make it easy for your spouse to hear you. Power of Two will help you learn the skills to say anything that's on your mind, no matter how sensitive it is, in a way that invites productive conversation, and steers clear of bickering, miscommunication, or avoiding the issue.
Are you more of the quiet type? Talking skills have an added benefit for you. Talking skills help to clarify what you want to say so your every word will have the maximum impact.
In this unit we'll help you to:
- Understand the full spectrum of skills related to talking.
- Learn the concept of Crossovers.
- Explore how Crossovers derail conversations.
- Practice identifying Crossovers and turning them to more helpful Insights and How/What? Questions.
Ready to roll? Mark this Overview as completed and you'll be on your way.