Listening 101: Listening to Learn
Click 'mark activity complete' to let your coach know you've completed this activity.
In this unit you will...
- Watch a video about the core skills for becoming a great listener.
- Discover how damaging the word but can be.
- Practice removing but from your vocabulary.
- Explore the other skills that make for Effective Listening.
Learn the Listening Basics
There are few actions that convey caring as clearly as being a first-rate listener. Likewise, poor listening skills are a sure-fire way to start down the path towards arguments.
In this unit you will improve your skills at Listening to Learn by getting rid of small words that signal you are dismissing what the other person is saying. You'll also start tuning your ear to the nuances of what first-rate listening sounds like.
In this unit we'll help you to:
- Identify the characteristics of Effective Listening.
- Understand what makes but such a problematic expression when you are trying to Listen to Learn.
- Practice deleting the buts.
- Explore the difference between Effective and poor listening.
Ready to roll? Mark this Overview as completed and you'll be on your way.