Emotional Regulation 102: Anger Ceilings
Click 'mark activity complete' to let your coach know you've completed this activity.
In this unit you will...
- Hear about how anger damages marriages.
- Learn how to keep anger from ruining your marriage.
- Create an Exit and Re-Enter plan.
What is so bad about anger?
Sadly, for many couples angry outbursts become a part of their day-to-day routine. This is sad because, as you'll learn, even seemingly little tiffs can do an enormous amount of damage.
Fortunately, the cure is quite simple. Learn to recognize when the temperature is creeping up close to your Anger Ceiling. Then use an Exit to remove yourself to safer surroundings. Most important, once you and your spouse have calmed down, Re-Enter to approach the challenging topic as calm and collaborative teammates.
In this unit we'll help you to:
- Clarify how exactly anger is harmful.
- Explore where anger has impacted your marriage.
- Plan so that you will be able to keep angry fires from spreading.
Ready to roll? Mark this Overview as completed and you'll be on your way.