Parenting and Discipline
Parenting is a big project. It's also a project that, like marriage, goes smoothest with a few skills.
In this hour-long interview, Dr. Heitler shares her philosophy and practical advice on how to parent, and, most importantly, how to effectively discipline children of all different ages.
Other topics covered in this podcast:
- Types of behavior to expect throughout a child's life
- What kind of parent are you? The continuum of permissive to authoritarian
- What happens when partners disagree on parenting strategies?
- Discipline strategies across age groups
- Principles for parenting toddlers
- Teaching kids manners
- Helping kids build good habits
- Learning about connecting with teens