Learn Powerful Techniques to Fix Broken Relationships.
Quick, on a scale of 1 to 10 how "plugged-in" do you think your marriage is? That is, how much do all of those devices with plugs and batteries and ringers impact your relationship?
In this marriage booster you're headed back to science class for the 2-day Unplug Your Marriage Experiment.
Here's how it works: for the next two days, when you are not at work (and this works best on a weekend), you are going to completely unplug yourself.
What does that mean? Just what it says. Unplug every single device you have. Start with the TV; unplug it. Then the cell phone. Change your greeting to say you are unavailable unless there is a complete and total emergency. Then the computer; yes, unplug it too.
And now, just enjoy. Enjoy the next two days. Let life move at a slower pace. Play a board game. Read a book. Read a book out-loud. Cook a gourmet dinner. Sing a song. Ride your bike. Most of all, notice your spouse. Spend time together. Savor life together.
This worksheet will help you to prepare and reflect on the Unplug Your Marriage Experiment.
- When am I / are we going to unplug?
- What am I / are we going to unplug?
- What arrangements do I / we need to make in order to do this?
- What would I enjoy doing while unplugged?
- If doing this alone, how am I going to explain what I'm doing to my spouse? How can I unplug without forcing him/her to join me?
- What was hardest about being unplugged?
- What surprised me?
- What did I like about being unplugged?
- How did I relate to my spouse differently?
- What did I learn from this experiment?
- How can I change my life/our marriage as a result of this experiment?